What would my building inspector say about this product?
The inspector may not be aware of the product and may question whether you can use it. As the PDF points out, the FootingPad® is ICC Code compliant (#ESR-2147), utilizing NTA test criteria. No other below-grade footing product is tested for its weight-bearing capability. The FootingPad® solves a problem and is tested to prove that it will work.
Why should I use the FootingPad® versus a concrete pad?
There are many reasons and to name a few …
- Ease Of Install
- ICC Code Compliant
- Not Messy Like Concrete
- Time Saving … No Wait Time
- Physically Easy To Handle
- ECO Friendly
- Does Not Decay
How do you use the product?
- Before starting, be sure to check with your local utilities to be sure you don’t strike underground facilities.
- To begin, you dig a hole two inches wider than the size of the FootingPad® that you are using.
- Use a posthole digger. Augers are available to rent in the size that you will need.
- Dig the post hole to the depth required for frost laws in your area.
- Level the bottom of the hole with your shovel. You could also level it with pea gravel.
- You are now ready to drop your FootingPad in the hole with the smooth side down.
- Place your post on the FootingPad®.
- Now you can backfill the hole with soil.
Do you attach the FootingPad® to the bottom of the post?
No, you want to be able to possibly adjust your post slightly, if needed, when you backfill, so do not attach the post. The FootingPads are tested to be able to support the stated weight even if it is a little off center of the FootingPad.
Why does the FootingPad® have a webbed design and is not smooth on both sides?
The web design gives it the added strength necessary to support larger loads. The FootingPad is designed and engineered to support structural loads.
Will the FootingPad® rot?
The product is made up of a proprietary blend of polyethylene and fiberglass and is impervious to the elements.
Where can I use the product?
The FootingPad® can be used as a support footing for structures that could include residential decks, gazebos, etc., post frame buildings (pole barns) and Type V construction under the IBC or any construction under the ICC
Where can I buy them?
This is a new product to the industry so the distribution to building material dealers/lumber yards, home centers, etc. is still somewhat limited. If a local building material dealer does not have FootingPads® in stock, ask to special order them or buy the product by calling 800-522-2426; email Customerservice@FootingPad.com; or click here to buy now.
How is the product packaged?
The 10” FootingPad® has 24 pieces per carton, the 12″ FootingPad® has 16 pieces per carton, and the 16” FootingPad® has 10 pieces per carton.
What size FootingPad should I use?
There a number of variables that play a role in selecting correct FootingPad size.